Inertia Experiment: An Orange Drops Into The Cup
- An orange
- A cup. We used a measuring cup.
- A tray. We used a plastic one.
- An empty toilet paper roll
Now hit the tray from the side!
The orange sits on the top of the paper roll. It is at rest and wants to stay that way. Now, because you snap the tray so quickly, the paper roll follows its direction. However, you leave the orange no chance to follow, and the gravity pulls it down into the cup. If you were to pull the tray slower – the orange would follow it.
Feathers in exchange for prizes
- Try making this experiment
- Share your experience on Instagram or Facebook
- Mention @keedooapp in comments
- Nominate two families to do the same
- We will contact you to add four feathers to your Keedoo account that you can exchange for prizes in our mobile app
- Follow @keedooapp on Instagram to see new prizes