Egg in The Bottle:
A Simple Experiment for Your Next Playdate
Ah, the good ol’ “Egg in the Bottle” experiment! Almost everyone has learned and made it in school, or at least heard about it. Hence the reason we want to share it here – it’s classic! Kids are always amused by it, but it also has a pretty deep scientific explanation to it. Try this one out on your next playdate!
- A hard-boiled, peeled egg
- A narrow-necked glass bottle (should be narrower than the egg)
- A pot holder
- Some boiling water
- A drinking straw for getting the egg out
Pour about 4-6oz of boiling water into the bottle. You may shake it around a bit but be careful – it’s hot!Better if you use pot holder.
Pour the water out of the bottle. Again – be careful and use your pot holder. The bottle will be hot.
Feathers in exchange for prizes
- Try dropping an egg in a bottle with your kiddos
- Share your experience on Instagram or Facebook
- Mention @getkeedoo in comments
- Nominate two families to do the same
- We will contact you to add three feathers to your Keedoo account that you can exchange for prizes in our mobile app
- Follow @getkeedoo on Instagram to see new prizes